|About International Council for Traditional Music (ICTM) |
International Council for Traditional Music (ICTM)
The International Council for Traditional Music is a scholarly organisation which aims to further the study, practice, documentation, preservation, and dissemination of traditional music and dance of all countries. To these ends the Council organises World Conferences, Symposia, and Colloquia, and publishes the Yearbook for Traditional Music and the online Bulletin of the ICTM.
As a non-governmental organisation in formal consultative relations with UNESCO and by means of its wide international representation and the activities of its Study Groups, the International Council for Traditional Music acts as a bond among peoples of different cultures and thus contributes to the peace of humankind.
Currently, these are study groups under ICTM.
1) African Musics
2) Applied Ethnomusicology
3) Audiovisual Ethnomusicology
5) Historical Sources of Traditional Music
6) Iconography of the Performing Arts
8) Mediterranean Music Studies
9) Multipart Music
10) Music and Allied Arts of Greater South Asia
11) Music and Dance in Southeastern Europe
12) Music and Dance of Oceania
13) Music and Gender
14) Music and Minorities
15) Music Archaeology
16) Music in the Arab World
17) Music of the Turkic-speaking World
18) Musical Instruments
19) Musics of East Asia
20) Musics of the Slavic World
21) Performing Arts of Southeast Asi